Friday, December 11

Casey


It so happens that there is this dog named Casey. A mongrel, cream colored. A beautiful dog. He was classified as a "red" dog as he was mistreated and has a very damaged leg. He gets into fights with other dogs and hardly get along with people as he is snappy and rather aggressive. I honestly don't see a problem with it.

I noticed on the sheet of paper that casey didn't get walks at all that day. And when i approached the kennel, he started leaping up and barking. It freaked me out. So i got a strong leash, and i asked a volunteer to help me leash him. This volunteer warned me that he was very strong and i have to be careful with him. And so i did. He tried snapping at me but i didn't let him. I held onto the leash firmly, tore off a few plastic bags in case he needed to poop.

Through the walk, he was very hyper. Trying to run uphill. Actually, it was quite helpful as i was tired from walking the other dogs and having a strong dog drag me uphill was rather helpful. But i had to show him who wwas in control. It wasn't too hard. But it was definitely a good experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment