Tuesday, November 13

Animal Testing

Of course, i cannot deny that without animal testing, we would not have many cures that we would have today. But then again, we do have advanced technology that can produce similar results, although it is probably more costly (in terms of economic terms), but the number of lives lost surely cannot be compared to expense.

I have received a few messages from a various of people, one who sent me this:

I hope you realize how many cures we've discovered from testing on animals. It has saved millions of people from dying. I don't support anyone killing an animal for fun, but these animals who were tested on were brought here for one purpose. Sorry, but that's the truth. And I think a humans life is more important than a rat.

In reply to the person who sent this to me anonymously:

I do know that many cures such as ones for diabetes were corrected and adjusted by animal testing. However, i'm not sure about the saving "millions of people". Animals and humans have completely different bodies, and every human body reacts differently to different types of medicine, surely if human bodies, who are already very similar to each other, are already experiencing such drastic differences, the results from testing on animals would surely be even more variable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment